Carabao Group is committed to building a business for the long term. We maintain high standards of governance and meet our responsibilities to all our stakeholders. Our business has an impact on many – as a result, to secure the confidence of customers, employees, suppliers, regulators, investors, and the wider communities we serve, the Group adheres to good corporate governance principles to ensure we operate with integrity, transparency, and equitability, recognizing our impacts to the economy, society, and the environment. The Group’s corporate social responsibility policy is as follows:
The Group places emphasis on honest and fair business operation in accordance with the competition rules under relevant laws and regulations, taking into account the benefits and the effect of the operation of the business by the Group on stakeholders, namely shareholders, employees, customers, partners, investors, creditors, and the surrounding community. The Group has determined the relevant guidelines as follows:
- (a) to operate the business strictly in accordance with the applicable laws, regulations, and rules, and to cooperate with the authorities; and
- (b) to create awareness among employees regarding the importance of compliance and fair competition.
It is the Group’s policy to combat corruption by promoting morality, ethics, and transparency in operating the business, in accordance with the Group’s code of conduct, and to operate the business using effective management systems with transparency and traceability. The Group also encourages training and creating awareness among employees of possible corruption, and supervises anti-corruption efforts in accordance with the following guidelines:
- (a) Employees shall avoid accepting gifts, rewards, entertainment, and other benefits of distributors, to ensure independence in procuring goods from distributors. If an employee is found to accept benefits that exceed customary practice or takes any action that compromises the employee’s independence in performing his or her duty, the employee may be subject to investigation or allegation, and punishment in accordance with the work regulations or other rules of the Group.
The Group operates their business in respect of human rights, by promoting and protecting rights, freedom, and equitable treatment, which is the foundation of human resources management and development. It is not the Group’s policy to discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, age, or disability. The Group has determined the following guidelines in this regard:
- The Group hires persons with disability to perform work for the Group, with commitment to equitable treatment, in order to create job opportunities and income for such persons.
The Group believes that personnel are at the heart of sustainable development. With a commitment to the quality of life of employees, the Group provides a good working environment, implements a human resources management system that is based on fairness, and promotes development of personnel by providing training and on-the-job training based on the needs and suitability of each staff member, in order to increase work efficiency and create career progress. The Group has determined the following guidelines in this regard:
- (a) The Group categorises their employees into four groups, namely the Sales Team, Sao Bao Dang Team, Factory Team, and the support staff, and provides training to each group as appropriate for their duties;
- (b) The Group focuses on providing an orderly working environment for occupational safety, and implementing systems for a hygienic cafeteria, clean toilets, safe transportation, and efficient infirmary, in accordance with the law; and
- (c) The Group will ensure fairness in hiring new employees, transferring employees, and determining remuneration for employees, taking into account qualifications, suitability for the position, nature of work, and performance.
The Group is committed to producing and developing quality products to satisfy the needs of consumers, from choosing quality raw materials to using manufacturing processes with advanced standardised technology for cleanliness and safety, with GMP certification, HACCP certification, and approval by Food and Drug Administration at an international level. The Group has already obtained ISO 22000.
The Group strictly complies with the laws and regulations concerning environmental management and implements preventive and corrective measures for environmental impact caused by the operation of the Group. The Group also uses resources efficiently and economically, implements an effective production waste treatment system, and assesses their environmental management system. The Group has determined the following guidelines in this regard:
- (a) The Group manages factory waste by engaging a third-party juristic person to manage waste in the factory. The Group’s employees place waste in designated areas. Then, the juristic person disposes of the waste outside the factory. The Group will apply for permission from the Department of Industrial Works to remove waste from the factory.
- (b) The Group engages a third-party juristic person to measure environmental quality, in terms of particulate matter, noise level within the factory, heat, sufficiency of lighting, and the quality of water and air, and prepare an environmental monitoring report.
“Building values in life” is the philosophy behind the Group’s corporate actions that aim to give back values to society. In that regard, the Group also establishes social projects as mean of providing a valuable and sustainable foundation for life for the public community.